In just one month's time, my dream to study in Oxford will be a reality. The tickets are booked, visas approved, new bags, cellphone and camera bought. Today I will start to make a list of what needs to be packed. I'm still trying to work out how long before leaving one ought to start packing (when you're moving countries). I still need to make decisions on which books, clothes an hedgehogs can come, and which will need to stay behind. It's becoming a reality.
And so here begins this blog. Musings of a Hedgepickle is my casual/fun blog. This will be the more serious one. Mostly it will have information on my preparations, arrival and experiences once I arrive. And pictures. I'll hopefully be posting lots of pictures. So...as they say, "watch this space..."
Having done this, 7 to 10 days before is when you want to have packed. That gives you a week to throw out the things you realise are too bulky/heavy.
ReplyDeleteHave the list done a fortnight before.
Perry
Give us an Oxford background, not London ;).
ReplyDeleteThanks Perry.
ReplyDeleteDan, I will put up a genuine Oxford pic once I have a photo of my own to use. Do you know How long it took me to find something vaguely suitable from the preset options? (I don't want to violate any copyrights). I had a nice alternative one with a pile of tomes, but to see the tomes, I had to make the posting boxes transparent and then the posts were near impossible to read.